- botanical name: Origanum rotundifolium ‘Kent Beauty’
- annual, tender perennial zones 7-10
- height 6″
- spacing 6-9″ apart
- full sun tolerant, partial shade
- fertile, well-drained soil
- flower color pink to lilac
- uses in garden: as a border, great in containers, cut flower, dried flower, drought tolerant, as an edging, fragrant, small/miniature
- although the foliage is aromatic, it is not usually not used in cooking
*Please note: We accept plant orders at any time of the year and if you prefer to place an order outside our regular shipping months of April-May, ordering is still easy. “Why we only ship in April and May”
Due to the nature of shipping live plants, when you place an order, we will simply hold your order and ship it at the proper time for your zone, when weather permits in April 2014. Seed packets are shipped year round through USPS.
For more information see our “Ordering and Shipping Policy.”
Kent Beauty is a beautiful cascading ornamental Oregano. This trailing variety produces papery, everlasting pink flowers nestled among gray-green leaves borne on fine wiry stems giving it a lovely, delicate appearance. Well suited for use in dried flower arrangements. Great oval to nearly heart-shaped foliage likes to spill out of hanging pots and baskets. Beautiful when used in rock gardens. Use Kent Beauty Oregano in small space gardens or containers where its features can be appreciated close up. Herbaceous annual, or may be perennial in mild winter. Prefers fertile, well-drained soils. Full sun, or part shade in hot, dry climates.
Compare the Oregano varieties. View a summary of all the Oregano varieties together.
It is easiest to propagate from starter plants, take your cuttings in the late spring, and allowing them to root in a fine soil mix.
To harvest: bunch stems together and hang in a cool and airy place to dry. Once dry, the flowers can be used in dried bouquet arrangements or potpourri.