Recipe: Low-fat Potato Salad with Chives and Tarragon
Summary: This is a quick, delicious lunch that is easy to alter according to taste, a lovely recipe for summer picnics and family reunions.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- Boil potatoes until soft enough to pierce through with a fork.
- Cut potatoes in quarters and toss with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a separate bowl, and then combine with potatoes.
- Serve chilled on a romaine lettuce leaf.
Cooking time (duration): 25
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): Reduced fat, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: lunch