Recipe: Veggie Kebabs with Tarragon
Summary: This is an easy, tasty side dish that is also very flexible. You can add artichoke hearts, potatoes, or beef to change it up. Serve with rice or noodles. A great vegan dish.
- 2 tomatoes
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 green peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2-4 long strands of tarragon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 leaves chives, chopped
- 4 leaves basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the herbs and the garlic in a bowl with the balsamic and olive oil, and soak the chopped vegetables in it for 15-30 minutes. You can either include chopped tarragon in this mixture, or simply wrap the long leaf strands around the kebab while it is roasting.
- Grill this on a skillet or on a backyard grill until cooked like desired; it is best if the veggies are roasted until slightly crispy, and not mushy on the inside.
Basil, Sweet (Nufar)
Cooking time (duration): 1 hour
Diet (other): Reduced carbohydrate, High protein, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dinner