Recipe: Herbed Rice Pilaff
Summary: Nicely compliments a meal of chicken, pork, beef or fish.
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 to 2 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped fine
- 1 to 2 Tbs fresh Sweet Marjoram
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté uncooked rice in oil over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Stir continuouslybeing careful it does not burn.
- Add chicken stock and thyme.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Stir and serve hot.
- Add a pat of butter to each serving, if desired.
Thyme, English (common)
Cooking time (duration): 30
Diet type: none
Diet (other): none
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch or dinner