Recipe: Pizza with Lemon Thyme and Basil
Summary: Even though there are many fresh toppings on this pizza, the lemon thyme steals the show! It’s truly delicious.
- 1 pizza crust
- olive oil
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 T fresh lemon thyme leaves
- 4 leaves of sweet basil, chopped fine
- black olives
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red or yellow bell pepper. diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or mozzarella)
- Brush your crust with a liberal amount of olive oil,
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and the other herbs.
- Sauté onion, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Top pizza with all ingredients
- Bake at 450 degrees until crust is browned to your liking.
Basil, Sweet (Nufar)
Cooking time (duration): 20
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet (other): none
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch or dinner